Become a Host Institution
Since 2016, CASE Advancement Internship hosts have benefited from the bright and enthusiastic high-caliber students in the program. Many institutions find the program a great way to spot talent and build the advancement pipeline. Several of our host institutions have gone on to hire former interns in entry-level advancement positions.
- An eight-week summer internship (June 7 - July 30, 2021) during which time the advancement intern will undertake assignments and projects that will develop their core advancement skills and help them to develop professionally.
- A senior member of staff and an onsite mentor to oversee the intern's development.
- A designated staff person who will be both the intern's and CASE's main point of contact at the host site.
- The fee to participate is $2,500 per intern. The fee covers associated cost of the program including several virtual offerings for interns to connect with advancement professionals and explore a career in advancement. (A portion of this fee covers an in-person conference in Washington, DC. Should the conference be virtual, the participation fee will be adjusted to $1,500.)
- Compensation for interns, host institutions have the flexibility of providing a stipend that is distributed through CASE or setting up compensation directly through the institution and their intern(s). CASE recommends that hosts pay interns a stipend of $5,000 or $15 per hour. This will cover living expenses throughout the program. This program does not require hosts to provide or pay for housing, meals and/or transportation to and from your campus. Class credit can also be offered for an internship in lieu of a stipend or hourly wage.
Consider giving a student at your institution an opportunity to explore a career in advancement while doing meaningful work that will impact your institution! If you are interested in becoming a host for the fall semester, please contact Robyn Neeley, Senior Manager, Career Programs at email@example.com .