Become a Host Institution
Why should I be a host institution?
The CASE Graduate Trainee Programme (GTP) - Asia Pacific establishes a strong base of future major gift fundraisers and development directors, ensuring the ongoing growth in fundraising capacity, voluntary gifts, alumni relations and philanthropy to the higher education sector.
Host institutions seeking high-calibre individuals can use the programme as a way to identify talented and passionate fundraising staff interested in the various advancement portfolios. Many institutions have found the programme an effective way to spot talent and employ their trainees on a permanent basis following the completion of the programme.
What are the requirements for a host institution?
Host institutions will provide their graduate trainee with assignments and projects to develop their core fundraising skills, as well as rotate through at least three areas of a development office.
Requirements to be a host institution:
- Established advancement office
- Host institution to provide their graduate trainee with a contract
- Host institution to provide a senior staff member to oversee the trainee’s development and act as a liaison with CASE programme manager
- Host institution will be responsible for 100% of the trainee’s salary and any related costs
- The advancement portfolio must include at least three of the following functions:
- Annual giving
- Major gifts
- Trusts and foundation
- Alumni relations
- Advancement services (prospect research/gift receipting, etc)
Fee to CASE Asia-Pacific covers:
- Advertising and recruitment process, including telephone and online interviews by CASE before shortlisting 2-4 candidates to the institution
- Training and mentoring programme, including participation in CASE programmes (CASE Induction session, CASE Asia-Pacific Advancement Conference, CASE Asia-Pacific Institute in Educational Fundraising and a Masterclass)
- Networking and peer cohort programme among trainees
- Career coach to guide trainees on their professional development
How do I become a host institution?
If you are interested to join the CASE GTP Asia-Pacific as a host institution, please contact Hem Kumar, Senior Manager, Special Projects, CASE Asia-Pacific, or call +65 6813 2967.