Summer Institute in Alumni Relations
In addition to the sessions, participants will have the opportunity for small group conversations with speakers and peers to discuss topics in greater depth and exchange experiences and practical ideas.
The live online sessions will be held July 27 & 29 and August 3 & 5.
Benefits of Attending
- Two weeks of live interactive sessions and in-depth small group discussions.
- Access to curated on-demand learning opportunities and resources.
- Receive practical training in key concepts and review best practices for all sizes and types of institutions.
- Gain a deeper understanding of how alumni relations plays an integral role in advancement and beyond at an institution.
- Learn practical strategies that will improve and advance your alumni relations initiatives.
- Discuss the ever-changing landscape of alumni engagement metrics and ROI.
- The opportunity to make valuable connections with peers who you can call upon throughout your career.
- Make the most of your training budget with a first-rate and value-added program without the travel cost.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals new to the field of alumni relations
- Experienced alumni relations professionals who are new to higher education
- Professionals with new alumni relations responsibilities
- Advancement leaders and anyone who wants to better understand alumni relations fundamentals
Meet Your Co-Chairs
Julie Decker is president and chief executive officer of the Florida State University Alumni Association. Decker has spent 20 years as an alumni relations strategist, having also worked in the alumni associations of the University of Georgia, the University of North Carolina, and Coastal Carolina University. Through her career she has managed programming, fundraising special projects, budgeting, student leadership, operations, and the cultivation of volunteers and boards. Read more.
Josh Harraman serves as vice president for alumni engagement, annual giving and advancement communications for the Rutgers University Foundation. He joined the Rutgers University Alumni Association as the associate vice president for alumni engagement in September 2017. Read more.